2.05.2007

DCGN 381- Intruduction to Circuits, Electronics, and Power

Today we finished talking about basic circuits with just resistors and sources in them and went on to intruduce the topic of capacitors. Instead of physics200 style where we spent all that time learning and caring about how a capacitor is created and what causes capacitance, we just went straight into "this is what happens when I ram one in a circuit." Not with direct current, mind you, she also intruduced alternating current (AC)! There's lots of derivatives and integrals involved and she mentioned things from differential equations (like the Laplace domain) which makes me pumped because all the seemingly arbitrary crap we learned in diff-eq will actually prove applicable to anything I'll ever do! Even better: my ti-89 (my calculus-doing calculator) gets to take the course with me :)

No comments: